Biz Dev Essentials Course
Please join us for a valuable business development course called Biz Dev Essentials. This course is a great way to introduce business development to younger colleagues and refresh the skills of everyone else in your firm. It’s a unique blend of training and technology. It provides unparalleled and on-going support using our proprietary Bizdevcoach app. There is nothing like this in the marketplace.
The course includes:
• 4 weekly, 30-minute live lectures via teleconference
• 1 year of full access to our proprietary web app BizDevCoach®
• A 30-minute one-on-one, confidential coaching session via telephone
Each lecture is packed with important concepts and practical strategies that can help generate new business. One new matter that comes from an idea learned from this course will more than pay for the entire cost.
The meetings are scheduled for 4 consecutive weeks beginning on Thursday, May 4th, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time. This engaging and motivational program provides proven strategies for overcoming obstacles, meeting new quality targets, building good relationships, and then implementing ideas. Each session assigns tasks to work on. In case a session is missed, all the sessions will be recorded and available for review for one month after the last session.
The instructor is Robert Kohn. He has been coaching lawyers in business development for over 33 years. He has published several books and articles and spoken at bar associations and law firms across the country. His clients range from solo-practitioners to the largest law firms.
4 Session Live Online Course
Our live course will walk you through every step of the the business development process, to overcome your barriers, optimize your strategy, and make biz dev an integrated part of your life.
• Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific
• Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific
• Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific
• Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific
Cost – $250
Cancellation policy – Full refund available prior to the 2nd session.
Making business development a priority
Overcoming the obstacles to business development
• Lack of time
• Fear of humiliation
• Changing ingrained biases
Blending bizdev into a busy schedule
• Working with a bizdev buddy
Gaining comfort with bizdev
• Communicating value
• Creating superior service offerings
Building a community of targets
• Three strategies for meeting new people
◦ Finding target-rich environments
◦ Introductions from people you know
◦ Conducting events
Building and maintaining your contact database
Staying in touch with targeted relationships
• Identifying your best targets
◦ Planning next steps
◦ Using BizDevCoach
• Identifying reasons for staying in touch
• Building trust
◦ Value-based offers
◦ Sharing war stories
◦ Describing the rules that guide your practice
◦ Getting published
◦ Developing a drip marketing program
◦ Social media
Converting social relationships into business relationships
• Doing business with friends and family
• Meeting the decision makers
• Identifying the approval procedures
• Making low-barrier offers
Expanding client relationships
• Client maintenance offers
• Asking for Feedback
The cost of the course is $250 per participant. Group discounts are available. A full refund is available prior to the second session.
Sponsored by BizDevCoach®