Being creative, you might feel uncomfortable with the “business” aspect of show business. But the reality is, unless you put as much energy into the “business” as you do into the “show” you are most likely missing out on significant opportunities.
There is a misconception among artists that the agent or personal manager is responsible for selling them and their abilities. That is not their job. It is unrealistic to work on your craft and expect someone else to sell it. It is up to you. This is where a career coach comes in.
Even the most successful professionals rely on coaching. Tiger Woods has a coach. So does Julia Roberts. Why shouldn’t you?
Kohn Communications provides a unique service for the professional writer, producer or actor. We give you the support you need to communicate your potential and accomplish your goals.
In private, customized consultations, Kohn Communications can help you develop a comfort zone when dealing with the business aspects of the profession. We’ll help you:
- Expand your list of quality contacts
- Organize and strategize your follow-up once you have made a connection
- Sell yourself and your ideas with confidence
- Identify and create opportunities to pitch your ideas
- Open your creative reservoirs — get your unique take into your stories and pitches
- Clarify your ideas and focus your pitch to make it concise and memorable
- Overcome writing blocks and pitching fears
Our approach is to provide individual coaching sessions each month to teach skills and maintain momentum. All our work is completely confidential. The contract is month-to-month with no long-term commitment.
Kohn Communications has coached thousands of executives and professionals in marketing and management in a variety of industries across the country.
Please call or e-mail us for more information.